1. The host club should work with Essex AA in the lead up to the race in ensuring those entered into
the Essex championships have done so correctly and validly.
Where there is doubt on the eligibility of any particular runner's Essex qualification the host club will
be directed by Essex AA to contact the individual to confirm the position. The Host Club should
contact those individuals without delay to confirm their eligibility.
2. Unaffiliated runners are not eligible to enter the Essex Championship even if they qualify by birth or
residence. The host club's entry form should make this clear to avoid unaffiliated runners entering the
Essex Championships by mistake.
3. Runners affiliated to clubs outside of Essex are eligible to enter the Essex championship
- they qualify through birth or 9 months prior residence in Essex; and
- they have not run in or represented another county championships in the same calendar year.
4. Runners into the Essex championship must be pre-entered into the race (entries on the day
cannot count in the Essex championships).
5. Ideally pre-entries should close one week before race day allowing time for the host club to send
through a final entry list to Essex AA for its records and use on the day. Cut-off dates nearer to the
race day can be considered on a case by case basis
6. There is no requirement for the host club to "reserve" entries for runners wanting to enter
the Essex championship, unless specifically requested by Essex AA if the event is being used
as a pre selection race for an Inter Counties Invitational race. Entries should be treated no
differently to the normal race entry.
7. In circumstances where the race entry limit is approaching Essex AA would like the host club to
advertise this fact (through its website for example) so that all possible entrants have the opportunity
to be aware that delaying their application could result in failure to get an entry.
1. The host club should provide Essex AA an "Essex Championship only" result list as soon as
possible to allow Essex AA to calculate and validate county medalists (i.e. excluding all non Essex
2. Essex AA will present its medals after the Essex AA results are completed, normally after the race
prizes are given.
3. A full set of results should be made available to Essex AA after the race.