Part of the Essex Road Running Championships 2023
Organised by Active Training World in conjunction with Essex Athletics Association
The Essex 20 is held every year in March and is an ideal race to run in the build up to the Marathon season. However, it’s not just a training run as it has a long history.
The venue for the event in 2023 is at Debden Airfield. This disused airfield has a fast, flat, tarmac course with no sharp corners. Take a look at some of the photos from the Essex Marathon & Half Marathon held at the same venue in April 2021.
The race is part of the Essex Road Running Championships with county medals awarded to the first 3 affiliated runners in male and female individual age categories as well as teams.
There will be a custom finishers medal available at the finish. There will also be County prize medals awarded but no t-shirts.
The official start list will be published on an ongoing basis until entries close.
- Location: Debden Airfield, Carver Barracks, Water Ln, Wimbish, Saffron Walden CB10 2YA
- Event time: 09.30am
- Distance: 20miles
- Minimum Age: 18yrs. Age as at 05/03/2023
- Activity: Running
- Open to: Solo participants
- Entry Fee:
£18.00 per person for Essex Championship runners (Essex entrants must be affiliated to England Athletics and give their EA URN during the registration process and complete the section on eligibility to qualify for the Championships.£26.00 for other (non Essex) EA affiliated runners; and£28.00 for unaffiliated runners
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Event Cancellation Policy: If the event should need to be cancelled in its entirety, your entry will be transferred to the next event in 2024.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World & Essex Athletics Association